Friday, October 22, 2004

Lamptastic

WHAT I LEARNED TODAY:
You can craft your worries away...

------------------------------

FYI, I had my final interview today and the course is officially over for me. I had to meet with a moderator who flew out from London to hear us "defend" our materials assignments (we each had to teach 2 lessons in which we used materials we had made, not those from a text book). We had previuosly written a few hundred words on various topics about our materials, an assignment which we had to turn in, and which was a prep for the interview.

This morning while most everyone else was sleeping off last night's stupor or practicing their responses using their written assignment, I was making a lampshade, obviously.

I got the idea the other day while reading in my room. First off, my colors for the season are SO red, green and black. It's practically all that I wear now (as opposed to last Spring's pink and brown). So, I was reading on my green bed staring at all the red and green in the paintings and drawings on my walls when I realized what would bring the whole room together....a giant crimson lampshade to cover the lightbulb hanging form my 12-foot ceiling. So this morning I bought wire and giant sheets of crepe paper from the dollar store and with some scissors and glue stick, crafted an excellent DIY (do it yourself)lampshade that casts a lovely warm glow about my domicile.

We'll have internet on Tuesday and I'll post some pics :)

Oh, and the interview went fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home