Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Squid on the Sidewalk

WHAT I LEARNED TODAY:
1. When you're in the middle of cooking dinner and realize there's no more matches left for lighting the stove, not even your pride will stop you from purchasing a shotgun-shaped kitchen lighter from the nearest market and sharing a hearty laugh over it with your roommates.
2. European men LOVE jockey underwear and don't mind walking around their homes in it. (a.k.a. I am the most clothed of my roommates.)

---------------------------

I was greeted by 3 pairs of jelly eyes this morning as I ran out of my building to grab a loaf of bread from the mercat (to spread Nutella and butter on, of course!). Someone had dropped their recent squid purchase and now it was baking in my entryway. I hope it's gone when I get home.

---------------------------

My cohort companions and I met our students yesterday. I teach today for the first time! More info to come when life takes a breather......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home